You can get your day started off right with a trip to the Farmer's Market!!! Visit the Crescent City's Farmer's Market at University Square (200 Broadway) from 9:00 to 1:00 pm and pick up some fresh seafood, veggies and you can even get some lunch! Chef Mark Quitney of styley downtown restaurant 5 Fifty 5 (named for its address on Canal Street) heads Uptown to dish out debronzed redfish with jumbo lump crabmeat and roasted peppers, super creamy lobster mac, heirloom bread salad and assorted sweets .....yummy!!
And the music continues all day long at the Louisiana Music Factory (201 Decatur) for their annual in-store Jazz Fest concerts...here's the line-up for today!! Click on the link above for the complete Fest line-up:
- John Autin at Noon
- Washboard Chaz Blues Trio at 1:00 PM
- Galactic at 2:00 PM
- Billy Iuso and Restless Natives at 3:00 PM
- James Andrews at 4:00 PM
- Gal Holiday and the Honky Tonk Revue at 5:00 PM
- Big Chief Monk Boudreaux at 6:00 PM
And there's more music!! Starting up at 4:00 pm this afternoon it's the 2nd Annual Daze Between Festival at the Rusty Nail (1100 Constance) to benefit The New Orleans Musicians Clinic and the Gulf Restoration Network...Check out the lineup!
- Country Fried
- Jenn Howard and Crazy McGee
- The San Fancisco Free for All with a no holds barred mashup featuring members of Tea Leaf Green and ALO featuring Josh Clark, Dan LEBO Lebowitz, Dave Brogan, Trevor Garrod, Steve Adams, Reed Mathis, and Cochrane McMillan
- Guitarmaggedon old school guitar shredding jam session featuring Josh Clark, LEBO, with special guests Leo Nocentelli, Matt Grondin, Chris Mule and many more!! Wow!!!
Chickie Wah Wah (2828 Canal) is the place to go for more amazing mid-WEEK Jazz Fest jammin'!! Enjoy the super talented Grayson Capps at 7:00 pm!! Then Anders Osborne, John Fohl and Johnny Sansone at 10:00 pm. The trio has been the best selling show so far. Tickets available at the door for both shows! And don't forget they got yummy food with Taceaux Loceaux over there too!
And you can't celebrate your Jazz Fest without celebrating at Rock 'N Bowl (3016 S. Carrollton)! Get an entree' over at Ye Olde College Inn and then get a half price ticket to the show right next door at Rock N' Bowl....Tonight at 8:30 pm they've got Amanda Shaw and Glen David Andrews..what a show!!
And your Tuesday night would not be complete without a trip down to the Maple Leaf Bar (8316 Oak Street) for the early show. It's Cluck! Nite featuring Three Piece Spicy + Creole Cookin' (with some FREE food)...and make sure you stay up late for the REBIRTH Brass Band!! You'll be glad did!
There's lots more more music going on so go ahead and have a wonderful Tuesday, and for more fun shows and events click on the WWOZ Livewire link!