Here's some fun stuff happenin' around town
Today is the NOLA Pride Parade and Block Party! The parade is FREE and open to anyone wanting to show their pride! The parade line-up is at 11:00 am at Harrahs Casino on Canal Street and the parade begins at noon.
Here's the route:
- Parade lines up at Harrah's Casino on Canal Street
- Goes down Canal Street to Bourbon Street
- Down Bourbon Street to St Peter Street
- Down St. Peter Street to Burgundy Street
- Down Burgundy Street to St Ann Street
- Down St Ann Street to Royal Street
- Ending on Royal Street at St Peter Street
Get your sugar fix on when art meets cupcakes today for the first ever Cupcake Throwdown and Artist Cakewalk today at the Antenna Gallery (3161 Burgundy)from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm. Artists and bakers will compete to produce the most creative confections in a range of categories, followed by a benefit cakewalk!
And if you're looking for a second line , no problem - today is the last Second Line of the 2010-2011 Season - A big thanks to Action Jackson at WWOZ for supplying the route info!!
Here's the route for the Uptown Swingers:
- 12:45pm -Start: 4620 Loyola,Right on Valence, Right on Magnolia
- Stop: 4612 Magnolia, Up Magnolia, Left on Napoleon, Right on Claiborne
- Stop: Jazz Daiquiris, Right on Louisiana, Right on S. Liberty, Left on Foucher
- Stop: The Other Place, Down S. Saratoga, Right on Louisiana, Down Carondelet, Left on Washington
- Stop: Turning Point Lounge, Down Washington, Down Dryades, To Second
- Stop: Second and D, Down Second, Left on Daneel, Right on Washington,Stop: Purple Rain Lounge, Down Washington
- Stop: 2623 Washington, Down Washington
- Disband: Tapp's Bar - 2800 Rocheblave
And don't forget about the Trinity Series Patriotic Music Festival at Trinity Episcopal Church (1329 Jackson Ave.) from 3:00 pm to 6:00 pm today! The festival features more than 100 performers including the Navy Bank New Orleans, The Symphony Chorus, The Victory Belles, The New Orleans Trombone Choir and many others!! The concert is FREE and a reception will follow the program - for more info call 670-2520.
That should keep you busy today!! If you're looking for more fun stuff to do tonight check out the WWOZ Livewire!
Post a Comment