It's the Arts Market of New Orleans at Palmer Park (corner of S. Claiborne and S. Carrollton from 10 am to 4:00 pm today!! Free and open to the public! The Market has the region’s best artists, live music and good food and it's the 4th annual “Fun in the Sun” summer series with a Latin Fiesta! In the Kids Tent, Patrice Fisher & Arpa with the Garifuna Connection presents the culture and music of the Garifuna, Central Americans of West African descent to kids of all ages at 10:30 am. Make Awesome Aztec Masks for the craft project of the day after the show. Plus live music with Live performances in the Music Tent include Riccardo Crespo & Sol Brasil at 1:00 pm, followed by Latin jazz by The Dan DeSandro Quartet at 2:30 pm. .. food and drink from your favorite local restaurants, and exciting and educational kid's activities.
Looking for your forever friend this weekend?? There's two places where you can find them!!! Head on over to Jefferson Feed Pet and Garden Center (4421 Jeff Hwy.) for an Adoption Option!! LA/SPCA volunteers will have cats, dogs, puppies and kittens and they'll even be Care Cadet graduates for adoption!! Come on down between 11:00 and 3:00 pm today!! And if you're in Mid-City Fetch (3536 Toulouse) will have lots of adorable animals from the Plaquemines Parish Welfare Society today from 11:30 to 3:00 pm today!
Then for more adult fun head on over to Fat Harry's (corner of Napoleon and St. Charles Ave.) for their big 40th Anniversary Celebration!!! The festivities kick off at 11 a.m. Starting at 4:00 pm Fat Harry's will roll back prices to the 1970s with $1 drafts and $2 Stoli cocktails. Each hour, the Stoli drinks get a little more expensive to reflect four decades of inflation, until at 7 p.m. they'll go for the current price of $6. There will also be games, prizes and music kicks up at 4:00 pm too - with Bacon and Flow Tribe. Dress in your favorite outfit from your favorite decade in the last 40 years!!
It's NOLA Pride Weekend with a weekend full of great activities!!
- It's Family Day in City Park with the Family Day Picnic which starts at 11:00 am...There will be a bubble machine from HRC-New Orleans, Stonewall Democrats providing rainbow popsicles, game booths, and face painting.
- Kids Softball Skills Clinic - around noon
- Drag Softball - Queens vs Kings - around 1pm
- Field 1 is located on Stadium Drive, behind Storyland and near to Tad Gormley Stadium.
- Parking - People can park all along Roosevelt Mall Drive and walk across the outfield to get to the field, in addition to turning on Stadium Drive and parking behind the field. with a block party, parade and street festival
- Then this evening at Harrah's Casino it's a BLOCK PARTY with music and drinks - it's FREE and open to the public! For more fun events check out the website - and don't forget the parade tomorrow - it starts up at 11:00 am (the route is online) http://www.nolapride.biz/
Blue Nile (532 Frenchmen) with Washboard Chaz Trio at 7:00 pm and Johnny Sketch and the Dirty Notes at 10:00 pm
BMC (1331 Decatur) Jayna Morgan and the Sazarac Sunrise Jazz Band at 6:30 pm, Eudora Evans and Deep Soul at 9:30 pm and top it off with Ashton and the Big Easy Brawlers Brass Band at 12:30 am
Le Bon Temps Roule' (4801 Magazine) Dave Reis at 7:00 pm and Ernie Vincent and the Top Notes at 11:00 pm
Maple Leaf (8316 Oak) Feed the Kitty featuring Mike Jenner, Tim Green, Eric Traub, Brent Rose, Brian Seeger and James Singleton.
And for those of you who have been saving your pennies - it's the Psychedelic Furs at the House of Blues on Decatur tonight at 8:00 pm!!
That should keep you busy!! If you're looking for more fun stuff to do tonight check out the WWOZ Livewire!